Dementia HomeCare – providing you with a better quality of life.
Recent studies have shown that 85% of people would prefer to remain within their own homes for as long as possible once diagnosed with Dementia.
Many people who have been diagnosed with Dementia could eventually require specialist dementia home care if they wish to remain in the comfort of their own surroundings. Dementia can be a challenging illness for the individual and their families, but with the right professional care and support, individuals living with Dementia are able to still enjoy a happy, active and dignified lifestyle.
Dementia care at home can often be overlooked as people automatically assume care homes are their only option for their loved ones. It is highly viable and most often preferable for many people with Dementia when compared to the possibility of moving into a care home environment, which could be a stressful and unsettling time.
HomeCare Mellor, can provide Dementia home care that is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC for you or loved ones considering this option. Where necessary, we can provide 24-hour home care for Dementia patients. We at HomeCare Mellor have a passion for providing service user focused, professional home care services for those who wish to remain in their own home.
Live-in dementia care.
HomeCare Mellor offers a full range of services which are flexible and considerate of your personal needs. For those who would require round the clock support; we are able to offer live-in Dementia care services which will provide you with a caring companion who is trained to provide you with specialist dementia home care in the comfort of your own home. The benefit of round the clock care ensures you have the support whenever you may require it as the carer is on hand and by your side.
Dementia home care visits.
Some individuals require less assistance and still want to maintain their independence, HomeCare Mellor can offer daily home care for individuals with Dementia. This can be used daily or less frequently and allows us to provide dementia care in your own home, whether that be multiple times a day or once a week, dependant on your requirements.
Why choose HomeCare Mellor?
HomeCare Mellor has been well established since 1990 and has a wide range of knowledge and expertise. At HomeCare Mellor, we acknowledge that the diagnosis of dementia can be frightening and isolating but are passionate in the possibility of living well with Dementia.
We are proud to be part of the Dementia Friends initiative which means our team at HomeCare Mellor are trained in line with the Alzheimer’s Society. Using our specialist knowledge, we have a mission to ensure our clients and their loved ones live a positive, enriched life.
Our teams are specially trained to provide you with all the support you may need, with your designated Care Manager overseeing all aspects of your care with HomeCare Mellor to ensure you always receive the highest level of dementia home care.
What does HomeCare Mellor’s dementia care offer?
- Proactive attitude towards life and a firm belief that is possible to live well with Dementia.
- Specialist Dementia expertise in how it affects every individual differently.
- Support with personal care such as bathing and continence care.
- Assistance with household tasks.
- Assistance in arranging appointments and outings.
- Medication management.
- Accompaniment to appointments.
- Peace of mind knowing you or a loved one is safely receiving the highest standard of Dementia home care.
What to expect from HomeCare Mellor
- Bespoke care plan tailored to your individual needs.
- Dedicated care manager who will monitor your care and be your point of contact with any questions or concerns.
- Access to on-call support.
- Regular correspondence with medical professionals and nurses.
Benefits of Dementia home care compared to care home environments.
- Maintain routines.
- Better value for money.
- Remain living in your own surroundings.
- Carers on hand whenever you require their assistance.
- One-to-one personalised care.
- Complete emotional support for yourself and loved ones.
- Peace of mind for your family and loved ones.
- Fewer falls and hospital admissions when home care is chosen.
- Moving into an unfamiliar environment can cause stress.
- Leaving pets, friends, family and loved ones.
- Leaving the comfort and familiarity of home and the memories within it which can unsettle loved ones.
- Change in routine and lifestyle.
- Care home carers have many other patients to look after, less personal than dementia home care.
Receiving Dementia care in the comfort of your own home has many advantages over a care home environment, particularly for those with dementia. HomeCare can offer one-to-one, personalised care in which a carer(s) can aid at every opportunity. This has been proven to be safer, lead to fewer hospital admissions and helps Dementia patients remain around familiar memories and surroundings.
Memories are precious as we grow older, and particularly with the diagnosis of dementia. You are able to stay in your own home where you are comfortable and surrounded by your memories.
Here at HomeCare Mellor, our mission is to help individuals, as well as their families, live well with Dementia. Having a carer who understands exactly how to care for someone with Dementia, creates a supportive environment for the individual and enables them to retain a sense of independence and well-being.