Respite Home Care with HomeCare Mellor.
HomeCare Mellor can offer in-home respite care services which help transfer care responsibilities in times of need. As a provider of respite care, HomeCare Mellor ensures those that rely on our care, still receive the heartfelt helping hand they deserve whilst their current carer cannot be by their side. This can be regular home care visits or full-time respite live-in care.
What is respite home care?
Respite home care services are used to provide care and assistance when someone most needs it. Typically, this is used to cover loved ones, relatives or professional caregivers that may require time away from their clients. This can be for many reasons, such as annual leave, illness, holidays and much more. HomeCare Mellor’s in-home respite care services can provide you with full peace of mind.
In urgent situations, HomeCare Mellor are also proud to offer emergency respite care.
HomeCare Mellor’s bespoke in-home respite care.
Respite home care is designed to be completely bespoke, flexible and accommodates any changing circumstances and needs that may occur. The level of support you receive is tailored to you and your loved one whilst meeting your personal needs, allowing us to provide you with the exact level of care you require. We will always do everything in our power to ensure that your transition to respite care is straightforward, simple and stress free.
If required, respite home care can also be integrated into your routine for a more permanent basis. For example, if your carer has a regular appointment or hobby that is integrated into their personal routine; respite care provides that opportunity to rest and focus themselves. We are always here to support you, whether your loved one has taken ill or requires specialist home care for a condition like Dementia, Parkinson’s or a stroke.
Benefits of HomeCare Mellor’s respite home care.
- Less stress and upheaval for the person receiving care – there is no need for the temporary placement into a care home or to change their regular routines.
- Less distress and uncertainty – the respite home care service user can find peace of mind that they will be taken care of in the comfort of their own home.
- More independence & empowerment for the carer – As the main carer it is easy for you to neglect your own personal needs. The use of HomeCare Mellor’s respite home care, you can take time for yourself to relax and enjoy a break – guilt free knowing your loved one is being taken care of.
- Round the clock reassurance – you can have peace of mind knowing that your loved one is in a safe environment with the support and supervision they may need from our expert professionals.
- Better value for money – your loved one can receive one-to-one support whenever they need it, compared to very little contact time they would possibly receive within a care home setting.
- Complete flexibility – clients receive the highest level of care they require as HomeCare Mellor offers both daily care visits and respite live-in care.
- It is a great way to test whether live-in care is a long-time option for you and your loved one.
Our respite home care service is specifically designed so we can walk into your home to naturally and professionally take over your care related responsibilities. HomeCare Mellor’s goal of providing in-home respite care is to allow you time away from your care duties with guaranteed peace of mind.
During our time of providing service users with respite home care, we have developed and maintained strong working relationships with both the NHS (National Health Service) and LCC (Lancashire County Council). We pride ourselves in supporting individuals in various situations with the necessary care they require, following a hospital discharge and providing them suitable care in times of need.
Our in-home respite care can provide:
- Maintenance of the clients exact desired daily routine.
- Preparation of healthy, nutritious food.
- Companionship and engaging conversation.
- Prompting or administering medication at the correct times where necessary.
- Assistance with personal care such as washing, dressing & continence care where needed.
- Light household chores.
- Accompaniment to medical appointments.
- Help in participation of favourite hobbies and activities.
Are there different types of respite home care?
Respite home care is completely flexible and tailored to each individual service user. Whether you require a carer by your side once a week, multiple times per day or full-time. For full-time care, respite live-in care is the most fitting option that will provide you with round the clock assistance.
Daily respite care.
Daily respite care is available to service users from one hour per week to multiple visits per day. The care you receive will always be tailored to your individual care needs. Whether you or your loved one would benefit from companionship once a week or daily visits to assist with their personal care, daily respite care will provide the vital support for you both.
Respite live-in care.
Respite live-in care is the most suitable option for those who require full-time assistance. A respite carer will live in your loved one’s home for an agreed period to provide full-time one-to-one care and assistance. Having a live-in respite carer ensures your loved one will receive one-to-one care without them needing to leave their comfortable and familiar surroundings. This helps give you reassurance that your loved one will be receiving the professional care they require in the safety, comfort and familiarity of their own home. Gaining true peace of mind during a break away from care reduces stress levels and enables you to fully relax, whilst you can be confident HomeCare Mellor’s dedicated staff are providing your loved one with the care they deserve.
Specialist respite home care.
Conditions such as Dementia, MS (Multiple Sclerosis), Parkinson’s and stroke recovery, all typically require specialist respite care. It is important to ensure your loved one receives specialist care from knowledgeable and experienced carers during their care transition. With HomeCare Mellor’s respite home care, we will always provide a carer who is personally matched to your loved one’s needs and you can be confident they are trained to high standards.
Specialist care is available to both daily home care and respite live-in care packages. Whatever your personal circumstances may be, you can feel reassured that your loved one is receiving bespoke and specialist care from a dedicated team and company that is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC (Care Quality Commission).
For those who are looking for companionship in a time where their usual companion cannot be there, our respite companionship services would be perfect for your needs. Whether you require engaging conversation, company to participate in your favourite hobby, assistance to the shops or more; we can be by your side to help you maintain doing the things you love most.